SALT LAKE CITY (June 14, 2018) – Woodbury Corporation, a full-service real estate development and management company, and partner Ivory Homes, Utah’s Number One Homebuilder™, today announced that the Cottonwood Mall redevelopment has officially been named Holladay Quarter. “Holladay Quarter will be the envy of communities across the Wasatch Front, with premier and diverse shopping, dining, employment and housing options all in one location,” said Clark Ivory, CEO of Ivory
Homes. “After a decade of dirt at the site, we’re excited to move forward and create a vibrant neighborhood village that will benefit the city for decades to come.” Woodbury Corporation and Ivory Homes partnered to redevelop the 56-acre site of the former mall and worked closely with the community and city officials to develop renovation plans, which were recently unanimously approved by the Holladay City Council. To celebrate this approval, and to thank the community that helped make it possible, Woodbury Corporation and Ivory Homes will be hosting a community block party on Friday, June 15 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
This free family-friendly event will include:
- Demolition of TGI Fridays – Marking the start of new construction and symbolizing a fresh start for the development, the former TGI Fridays building, located on the corner of Murray Holladay road and Highland Drive, will be demolished during the party at approximately 7:00 p.m.
- Food – Hamburgers and hotdogs will be provided by Meier’s BBQ and Catering, along with drinks and a side, while supplies last. There will also be free shaved ice, cotton candy and other treats, while supplies last.
- Community art project – There will be life size canvas for residents to paint and ‘make their mark’ on the plan.
- Live entertainment – Root 68, a local band, will play music throughout the evening.
- Children’s activities – There will be bounce houses, face painting, cotton candy and more to keep younger attendees entertained.
- Raffles – Throughout the evening there will be a variety of giveaways and raffles from some of the community’s favorite businesses.
- Project details – The community will also have a chance to learn more about the future of Holladay Quarter and how they can stay involved in the ongoing process.
“We’re excited to celebrate with the community at the block party, after months of hard work on both sides,” said Jeff Woodbury, senior vice president of development and acquisition at Woodbury Corporation. “The residents of Holladay have been instrumental in making Holladay Quarter a reality, and we look forward to continuing to work closely with them as we turn this development into something they can be proud of for years to come.”
For more information on Holladay Quarter, visit www.cottonwoodholladay.com.
Founded in 1919, privately-held Woodbury Corporation is one of the oldest and most respected full service real estate development companies in the Intermountain West. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Woodbury Corporation owns and manages over 13 million square feet of retail, industrial, hotel, residential, and office buildings across 12 states. Some of these properties include University Place in Orem, Utah, Magic Valley Mall in Twin Falls, Idaho, and eight office buildings in the University of Utah Research Park. For more information on Woodbury Corporation’s properties and projects, visit http://www.woodburycorp.com.
About Ivory Homes
Ivory Homes is Utah’s Number One Homebuilder™ and has been Growing and Changing with Utah™ for nearly 50 years and is celebrating 30 years of excellence leading the Utah market building communities and new homes in Utah for every stage of life. Ivory Homes currently has nearly 50 communities and 40 model home locations stretching from Ogden to Provo, and from Park City to St. George. Ivory Homes offers a variety of floor plans and designs to fit lifestyle and personal needs including active adult communities, townhomes, condominiums and single-family homes from affordable to luxury. Learn more at www.ivoryhomes.com.
Woodbury Corporation PR